Select Page

Questions and Answers

New Patients

How do I set up my first appointment?

The simple answer is, just call us and make an appointment.  If your child is due a wellness visit, it would be a good idea to schedule a checkup so that we can get to know your child and their history.  But if you are new to our practice and your child is sick or you need to come in for another reason, it’s fine to make an appointment without having a formal checkup visit first. 

We do require that patients be established before we provide outpatient services (like lab or shot visits).  Please make sure that we’ve had a chance to see your child in a regular appointment with the doctor before asking for nurse only visits.  It’s also not best to see new patients in our early morning walk in clinic.


I'm expecting a new baby. How do I sign up?

You are welcome to make an prenatal visit appointment with one of our pediatricians before the baby comes, but this is not required.  If you plan to deliver at either Methodist Germantown or Baptist Women’s Hospital, give the hospital your doctor’s name and you’ll be set.  We regularly round at both of those facilities and we will come see you and the baby while you’re at the hospital.

After you deliver, you can call the office to arrange your first visit and give important information (like the baby’s name!).


Do you take my insurance?

Probably so.  We accept most commercial insurance plans including BCBS, Cigna, United Health Care, Aetna, Tricare and many others. If you are unsure about yours, feel free to call our office to verify.

We are not TennCare providers and due to Tennessee State law, we cannot see your child if he is covered by TennCare, even if you wish to pay out-of-pocket.

How do I transfer records from my former pediatrician's office?

You can ask for a form to allow the release of your records from the former pediatrician’s office at our front desk.  We will be happy to contact their office and arrange for the transfer of records to our office.  You can also find a copy of the record release form online so that you can complete it and bring it to our office with you.